One of the keys to make a good campaign in Facebook implies having a clear segmentation. It seems easy, don’t you think? But I assure that when you are in Facebook ads the possibilities are infinite and you’ll usually end with a good mess. Below you have some keys to find out which is your audience.
Since few months ago, Facebook has incorporated in ‘Manage Ads’ section, the ‘Audience insights’ tool. Thanks to this information you will find the ideal customers for your campaign.
1. The first step will be to define your public between: everyone on Facebook, people connected to your page or a custom audience (if you want to make remarketing).
2. You should choose the country to analyze (EEUU is marked by default ). In Spain, for instance, there is an audience from 20 to 25 million active users. You can also know the type of city followers.
3. With this information you can make the age and gender segmentation. You can see how many people are in each group. Their relationships, their status (married, single…), their education level and their job title. You can find two lines: one dark blue and another light blue. The dark blue indicates the global Facebook users; the light blue indicates the audience on your selection. We also have data for pages with more ‘Likes’, the audience location and their activities in the social network.
4. In the ‘Interests’ section is where we start investigating the kind of public we want to get. There is a drop-down with the main themes, which is divided on the previous defined tastes. Remember that under ‘New Audience’ the amount of people from the selection is going to update.
5. At ’Connections’ we can add our FB page to know better your audience. You need more than 1.000 users to have these statistics.
6. In ‘Advanced’ selection you can identify better the public you want to analyze: behavior, language, parents, job…
7. Once you have your ideal audience for the campaign, FB kindly incorporates a ‘create ad’ button.
Insights on your Facebook page
Another option, if you don’t want to use ‘Audience insights’ tool, is to analyze your followers on the insights of your page. On this tab you will find different kind information to help you on your ad segmentation.
1. In ‘Posts’ you know when our users are connected to our page. With this data you can perfectly define the dates and hours of your ads. Use this information to publish your post when there are more people connected.
2. On ‘People’ section you know which percentage of men and women you have, their ages, in which country or city they live or what language they have assigned in their profile.
I hope this information helps you better to understand and find your audience. Among the benefits of having a good segmentation is the price of clicks. Go over 9 definitions to master Facebook to get a complete picture of the social network par excellence.