Blogs, websites and social profiles to cope with routine
After those wonderful holidays, coming back to work can be pretty tough, and your brain is probably out of order. But if you are on digital marketing, you’ll always need to be up to date with the latest trends. And nowadays everything moves so fast… But you’ll also need some inspiration, laugh a little bit or learn something new, especially when post-holiday blues shows up to ruin your day.
Good news: Internet is huge. So here you have a brief selection of social profiles, blogs an websites that will help you overcome routines wtih a bit of inspiration.
What’s been going on while you were away?
I truly hope that during holiday you’ve ignored your smartphone, all your social profiles (except Instagram, of course), e-mail and even your postcode. If so, now you have to catch up with latest trends, and fast.
- Google Trends: a tool we are growing to like every day. Who can tell you what’s up online better than the Internet giant? A few weeks ago we talked about its features on 4 tips to punch up your marketing strategy with Google Trends.
- Marketing and Internet trends: Mashable, The Next Web, Reason Why and many others are essential when you go back to work.
- Virals: sites such as Buzzfeed, Bored Panda, verne or PlayGround will help you catch up with the most absurd news (or not so absurd) that are everywhere on the net.
Inspiration, I need you now
Every person has their own inspiration sources, and making an extense list here would be like climbing K2 on a scooter. So here you have some of the ones I like:
- Designtaxi: pretty active on social media, they share quite interesting content. Mostly designers’ creative works.
- Redactores publicitarios: their Facebook page is really inspiring. They publish image galleries with campaigns and original designs, some of which are really bizarre.
- Una pausa para la publicidad (Spanish): with more than 10.000 followers on Facebook, on this blog you’ll also find some really original campaigns.
- Pinterest: if you don’t have an account, create one now and start following interesting boards. It is an amazingly extense sourse of inspiration, but you need to invest some time and effort to make it work.
- fffound: Pinterest’s older brother. Here you’ll find all kinds of visual impacts shared by other users. Ideal for those moments when you’re absolutely lacking inspiration.
Back to work. Back to public transport
If you live in a moderately large city, you probably have to deal with public transport every morning. But that’s no big deal if you know how to make the most of it. Some examples:
- @savingroomforcats: some people occupy more than one seat on public transport. This curious phenomenon has finally got an explanation.
- @Hotdudesreading: people reading paper books are an endangered especie. But these guys do read.
- Celebrities on the subway: celebs also use public transport and this Tumblr proves it.
- Teo publicista (in Catalan): Teo is a really well-known character who appears on popular children’s books. He is already a grown-up now… and he works on marketing and advertising.
“Teo receives a briefing at 9pm”
- emojinalysis: 21st century fortune-telling. Which emojis appear on your WhatsApp’s Recently Used? On this Tumblr they analyse recently used emojis as if they were tarot cards. Some of them are really funny.
- @justhadonejob: you think you are having a bad day at work? Check out this Twitter profile.
You Had One Job pic.twitter.com/y08PexVGve
— You Had One Job (@JustHadOneJob) enero 22, 2015